Position Description: We are seeking experienced flooring installers who are responsible for installing commercial flooring products, while operating basic tools and flooring equipment.
- Installs LVT, VCT, carpet, ceramic, resilient flooring, and other flooring as directed
- Mixes and applies required compounds to join and adhere foundation/flooring material
- May be required to perform a variety of calculations related to surface area, cubic volume and material quantities
- Sweeps, scrapes, sands, or cleans base surfaces to correct imperfections that may show through the covering
- Determines traffic areas and decides location of seams as applicable
- Cuts coverings and foundation materials according to blueprints and sketches
- Uses and maintain hand tools, portable power tools, and stationary power tools in a safe manner
- Basic knowledge of tool and equipment safety, ability to identify and correct environmental or other workplace hazards
- Willingness to learn and receive instruction/direction from project leader
- Other duties as assigned.
Experience/Flooring Technical Skills Required:
- Experience with commercial flooring required
- Any combination of education and experience that demonstrates the knowledge and ability to perform the work; experience with commercial/retail settings preferred, but not required
- Requires strenuous physical work with the ability to lift heavy objects up to 50 pounds independently and 100+ pounds as a team lift, including frequent work on hands/knees, while pushing and pulling, bending and twisting, while performing physical labor that is essential to completing the project
- Must possess the skills to multi-task, work in a team setting, and meet deadlines
- Ability to read and understand blueprints, construction plans and layouts
- Valid state drivers license is required
Conditions of Employment:
- Upon offer of employment, must be able to pass background and drug test
- Advancement opportunities exist including: team lead, project lead, as well as other supervisory roles. Employee advancement is based on strong work ethic and proven ability to make sound decisions.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER. Click here for more information.